Summer Moving Tips
June 13th, 2023
If you’re planning a summer move in Lawrence, here are some tips from Store Stuff Self Storage to make a college dorm move, apartment turnover, or downsizing a smoother process.
- Plan Ahead: Start planning your move as early as possible to avoid last-minute stress. Create a moving checklist and timeline to keep track of tasks.
- Hire a Moving Company: Consider hiring a professional moving company to assist you with the heavy lifting and transportation of your belongings. They can help make the process more efficient and less physically demanding.
- Pack Strategically: Begin packing your items well in advance. Start with non-essential items and gradually pack up the things you won’t need before the move. Label your boxes clearly to make unpacking easier later on.
- Notify Utilities and Change of Address: Contact your utility providers to schedule disconnection at your current address and connection at your new residence. Additionally, update your address with the post office, banks, schools, credit card companies, and any other relevant institutions.
- Know Your Lease: Many leases start a week, two weeks, or even a month after your planned move out day. Make sure to know exactly how and when your landlords want you into your new place so you're never scrambling to get your belongings to safe place before your move in day.
- Arrange Self-Storage: If you need temporary storage for some of your belongings during the move, consider renting a self-storage unit. Self Storage can be difficult to find due to high occupancy rates, but Store Stuff will you help out:
At our NEW Lawrence facility, you will find available units in all sizes all featuring:
- Clean New Units
- Convenient West Lawrence location near KU
- Security cameras to watch over your stuff
- Automated secure access control so only those that belong are in the facility
- Online 24/7 rentals and payment
- 7-day per week access (6 am to 10 pm)
- Climate-controlled indoor units for your sensitive belongings
- Drive exterior access units for ease of loading and unloading
- On-site office with moving supplies available
- Friendly knowledgeable staff to answer your questions
Before renting a storage unit, make sure to consider factors such as location, unit size, security measures, and rental rates. It’s a good idea to visit the facility in person and ask any questions you may have before making a decision.
Remember to reserve your storage unit in advance to ensure availability during the busy summer moving season.
Over Stuffed? Store stuff today!